Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Holidaying in Byron Bay

















Hi Vintage collectors, I'm in Byron Bay for a week which is great fun for the Vintage Girl in me! We spent the day in Nimbin yesterday. It was everything I imagined, very laid back and lots of weird & wonderful shops and people.






There's a Sunday Market 3rd Sunday of the month which I was lucky to go to and the weather was sublime. I found some old Collectables mags and bought a small collage from a local artist. I think the conversations I had with people there were as good as my find! The Nimbin Museum is not to be missed and the 'Food Emporium' facinating! Like stepping back in 'grocery time' retro & vintage produce all rolled into one.



This morning I sought out a couple of Op shops in Byron and found the Little Golden Book Twins in amongst a box of stuff... Then I found some lovely pieces I can put together for crafting jewellry. Tomorrow we're going to Bangalow just 11 k's away. We drove thru on the way bay from Nimbin and I spotted several Vintage shops and an inviting coffee shop.

Being a Librarian I am now in the Byron Bay Public library. I can use the internet here and I'm allowed to borrow 4 books which is neat. Of course I've checked out their Craft/Collectables area and have found a few books I will order for my local.

No comments: